Central Tool Room, Ludhiana has been setup under bilateral agreement on technical cooperation between Govt. of India and Govt. of Federal Republic of Germany to promote a purposeful education for youth in India. CTR offers various courses to cover wide spectrum of technical manpower.
All the Certificate Courses, Diploma and Post Diploma Courses offered by CTR are accepted by industries in India and abroad for employment purposes. This institute has enough infrastructure, latest training methodologies and well trained faculty to ensure best quality of training.
CTR offers training courses of long-term and short-term durations.
The Long-term training courses consist of the Four-Year Diploma Course in Tool & Die Technology, a One Year Post Diploma in Tool Engineering, and a Two-Year Certificate Course in Heat Treatment. The Diploma course is affiliated to the Punjab State Board of Technical Education (SBTE), Chandigarh and is approved by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), Delhi.
The Short-Term courses address various topics in the field of Tool Engineering. Now they are mostly dealing with CNC programming and machining as well as CAD/CAM.
CTR has ultra modern, state-of-art Tool Room machines under single roof. It is an ideal Tool Room & Die Technology. The wide spectrum of sophisticated machines include all latest and advanced machines, which can cater to various requirements of the industries.
CTR aims at emerging as a top class Design & Product Development Cener in country having Rapid Prototyping Machine to cater to the needs of the 21st century.
- To increase the efficiency of Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises in the Northern Region in light engineering and allied fields by providing support in the area of design & production to Tools, Jigs & Fixtures, advisory/consultancy services.
- To manufacture small and medium sized tools such as Press Tools, Jigs & Fixtures, Moulds and Dies and special purpose Tools.
- To provide common service facilities for the manufacture of Tools and Jigs & Fixtures, Moulds & Dies and in various Heat Treatment Processes for Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises of the region.
- To impart technical training to Tool Makers for Press Tools, Dies, Jigs & Fixtures and Mould etc. and on Heat Treatment processes for the Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises.
- To conduct short term and part time courses for the representatives of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises of the region.
- To provide rapid parts to the industries involved in new product development.